For any flight you process into Site Scan, you can open the Cut/Fill Layer to access this information. Once in there, you'll have access to the following options:
- Set as many ranges as you need to see areas of CUT or FILL.
- Each range can have a different color assigned.
- You can use the slider or enter the elevation ranges manually.
- You can change the opacity by using the slider below the color ranges.
- The first tolerance values corresponds to FILL, while the second one corresponds to CUT.
- You can either set the tolerance range to be transparent (default) or have a solid color.
LEVEL PLANE ELEVATION:
By default, it uses the median for the minimum and maximum elevations.
To improve the accuracy of your measurements, Site Scan allows you to import your own surface in LandXML format, which can be used for volume calculations and the Cut/Fill map.
IMPORTING INTO SITE SCAN:
Use the Overlays screen to upload your LandXML File.
You can upload as many LandXML files as you need, and once they're in Site Scan, you will be able to select them from the Cut/Fill drop-down menu.
If a coordinate system is not embedded in the file, you must manually enter its EPSG code (typically the same as your Ground Control Points' coordinate system). We do not support surfaces georeferenced in a Custom Coordinate System at this time.
When using a LandXML overlay, the Cut/Fill calculations will be shown only for the specific area the LandXML covers: